He sent a baby.
Didn’t see that coming.
Oh, we knew He would send something, or someone.
And it was going to be awesome…
Truth be told, we deserved “terrible” more than “awesome.”
For thousands of years we gave lip service
And not much else.
We worshiped ourselves, did our own thing.
We hoped for a king who would destroy our enemies
While overlooking the fact that our sins were just like theirs.
But sending a baby?
What was He thinking?
We wanted a sword swinging
King on a big horse.
We got a baby
Born to a not quite married girl
In a nowhere town
In a shabby room.
Maybe we weren’t the only ones who didn’t see that coming.
The devil didn’t seem ready for it either.
I mean, none of it really makes sense.
Baby, nowhere’s-ville, father goes absent
Twelve unemployed guys as his posse
Religious people opposing him
Nailed to a tree, naked, humiliated
Right in front of his mother
AWOL from the tomb a few days later.
He came as a baby.
One of us.
Walked with us.
Ate with us.
Told us to do what he did.
And then he told us we’re good. He can boogie now.
And so he did.Straight up.
What a story.
Not what we were expecting.
But exactly what we needed.
That baby was God and King and Savior.
Didn’t see it coming.
Thought He come with fire and all cheesed off.
We deserved no less than hell.
He gave us heaven.
That baby. Wow.
He was more than a baby.
Glory to God in the highest.
Peace on earth.
Our Featured Authors
- Matt Dabbs Jesus said, Whoever wants to be my discip... published What Does it Mean to Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus? via Kingdom Living13 hours ago · visit
- Matt Dabbs Even if we stop, God keeps going. We see this in ... published Time for Some Encouragement - God Never Quit Making Disciples via Kingdom Living2 days ago · visit
- Matt Dabbs I cannot emphasize how important this is for foll... published Video: Context, Context, Context. The Key to Biblical "Aha's" via Kingdom Living2 days ago · visit
- Adam Metz You'll be hard-pressed to find bigger fans of Satu... published Why Does Saturday Night Live do Politics Better than the Church? via Wineskins.org
- Matt Dabbs Do we have the will to make the changes that are ... published The Hard Truth About Our Difficulty Moving Forward on Discipleship via Kingdom Living
- Matt Dabbs I took the outline I gave in the last video and u... published Video: Applying the Bible Study Method to the Parable of the Sower via Kingdom Living