Pepperdine Bible lectures, now known as Harbor, concluded this past weekend and the audio is now up in itunes. The theme was on “The Spirit Filled People of God” and the classes were excellent. I would like to highlight the keynotes in particular: Rick Atchley, Don McLaughlin and Josh Ross. Their lectures were life-changing and have already impacted my daily routine. There were other keynotes that I am sure were equally good but I wasn’t able to attend them or listen to them yet. Check those out too! I would also recommend Don McLaughlin’s classes as well as Scot McKnight’s. Houston Heflin taught a very practical class “Pray Like You Breathe” on Breath Prayer (that is also the title of his very helpful book that came out last year). I hesitate to mention my own class but I believe the material I covered on Social Media has the potential to transform a lot of our more difficult online conversations. I talked about the psycho-somatic, spiritual and emotional factors that combine with the social media platform itself to make conversation difficult and then talked about how this creates the perfect resistance to make online conversation a spiritual discipline and how to go about it as such (currently audio #98).
Our Featured Authors
- Matt Dabbs Pepperdine Bible lectures, now known as Harbor, co... published Harbor (Pepperdine Bible Lectures) Audio on the Holy Spirit via Wineskins.org3 mins ago · visit
- Terry Rush Marvin Phillips was a common man lifted mightily b... published MARVIN PHILLIPS: A HUMBLE MAN WITH GIANTASTIC ABILITY via Wineskins.org
- Matt Dabbs In the last chapter of First Peter, Peter spends s... published Studying 1 Peter 5:1-14 Elders Shepherding the Flock via Kingdom Living
- Bobby Valentine Ephesians. John Calvin once declared Ephesians t... published Worshiping through Ephesians: Dwelling in God's Temple via Stoned-Campbell Disciple
- Matt Dabbs Whether in person or online in social media God, J... published Trinitarian Conversations: The Spirit's Place in Our Interactions via Wineskins.org