It is hard to believe 2018 is almost over and we are about to start another year. As we end this year, let’s discuss the state of Christian leadership in Churches of Christ. I really have more questions than I have answers. What are the advantages and disadvantages of our model? Is it biblical? Could it be done in a way more in line with scripture, not less? What does it mean to be a shepherd and how will we intentionally raise up the next generation of leadership? What about women in leadership? We are starting to see female elders in some churches of Christ (we will discuss Women’s Roles in August 2019 a lot more thoroughly). These are the questions that come to mind for me. I have stronger opinions on some of these than others and I am sure you do as well. When I consider the state of our congregations and our leadership, I believe we have been lacking in some areas and hopefully we can start a conversation that will chart a course to a healthier model of leadership in our congregations. There is much good that can be done by examining best practices, learning from each other and being intentional about developing people for the next 50 years. As always, thanks for reading!
Our Featured Authors
- Matt Dabbs This book is a journey from legalism to grace... published Book Review: "A Different Kind of Poison - How Legalism Destroys Grace" by Kevin Pendergrass via Kingdom Living2 days ago · visit
- Bobby Valentine I respond by posting something I wrote back i... published I Was Called a "Liberal: Some Thoughts on Liberalism and Legalism via Stoned-Campbell Disciple4 days ago · visit
- Shane Himes “What is the Bible and what do we d... published Israel's Journey to Know God: Biblical Inspiration via Wineskins.org
- Matt Dabbs When Jesus told the story of the rich man and Laz... published What Would it Take to Get the Attention of a Dying Church's Leadership? Unfortunately, A Lot More Than This Article via Kingdom Living1 week ago · visit
- Matt Dabbs This is the first article in a series of three ar... published From Revival Ridge to Bible Deism Valley - The Odd History of the Holy Spirit among Churches of Christ (Part 1) via Wineskins.org1 week ago · visit